Logging in to new Website
I have posted updated Instructions for logging in to NMMS' new website (NewMexicoMyco.org) at
Election of Officers
We now have a full slate of candidates for the 2011 NMMS Board:
• President: John W Sparks
• Vice Pres: Bruce Trigg
• Treasurer: Sharon Chong
• Secretary: Molly Fread
The election traditionally occurs at the the Annual Meeting, which is held
each November. This year will be no different, the election occurring at
the meeting November 1st at the Natural History Museum in Albuquerque. We
have, however, provided an additional means of voting for those who cannot
attend the meeting.
• Members may vote by logging in to the the new Website and, under the "On This Site" menu, selecting "Polls" and then "Election of Officers 2011." (The URL for the election page is newmexicomyco.org/content/election-officers-2011.) The page provides 2 options:
1) Vote for the candidates as nominated
2) Place a write-in vote
Date: Monday, 1 November, 2010
Time: 7:00 - 9:00 pm
Place: New Mexico Museum of Natural History in Albuquerque
• November 1st will mark our last Regular Meeting of 2010. It is also our
Annual Meeting, which means election of Officers for 2011 (see above). Also
at this meeting we will give Members a demonstration of the new Website.
In addition, Mark Kalin plans to provide a review of what we have
accomplished during the year.
• Meeting Description
Holiday Potluck in Placitas
Date: Sunday, 12 December, 2010
Time: 2:00 - 6:00 pm
Place: 23 Piñon Court, Placitas, NM
Melinda Marsh and Sharon Chong again invite members and their guests to
attend the NMMS Holiday Potluck at 23 Piñon Court in Placitas. (This is the
delightful location as last December's gathering.)
• Directions are available on both our websites: NewMexicoMyco and MycoWest.
Taylor Lockwood Calendars
We have a quantity of Taylor Lockwood's 2011 Calendars for sale: $10 each for NMMS members ($14.50 List). Terri Wallis will have these beautiful calendars at the November meeting and the Holiday gathering. If members want to arrange purchasing copies outside of these meetings, please contact Terri Wallis.
• View Taylor's Calendar at kingdomoffungi.com
Yes, folks, it's time once again to pull out the pocketbook and pay dues for another year. Come prepared to the November Meeting or the December Potluck. We also plan to mail reminders (with return envelope) to help those folks who can't attend our meetings.
• Annual Dues are still $20 and cover the Calendar year. Very few members have paid yet for 2011, but if you have any question, you can view your profile on NewMexicoMyco.org. Under "Basic Info" will be your current Membership Status.
• If you want to be the first on your block to send in your dues, mail a check for $20, payable to NMMS, to the NMMS Treasurer.
New Mexico Mycological Society