Field Trip Schedule for 2003
- NMMS Field trips have
traditionally scheduled for alternating Sundays
and Saturdays with each day's destination being decided by participants.
- Unless specified otherwise, meet at the Annex parking lot of the Natural History Museum.
- Field Trips traditionally leave at
- For additions or information, contact David Wallis.
- Dates listed below link to specific Field Trip Reports
Sun 2feb03 - NM Mtn Club
Sat 5apr03 - NM Mtn Club Hike somewhere in the Sandias
Sun 13apr03 -
Sandia Scouting Report
16-17aug03 - Taos & Vicinity
I would hope that those folks desiring to carpool can work that out among
themselves. I suggest that those wishing to do so:
- Consult the Contact List to
find someone living near you -or-
- Contact me either by Email or
phone, and let me know that you plan to participate, would like to carpool,
and if you prefer to drive, get a ride, or either. This info I can then add
to the appropriate Field Trip page.
Parking in the Sandias
- There is a $3 daily parking fee in the Sandias. Those who think they
will be frequenting the Sandias might consider purchasing an annual pass for
$30 (good for 2 vehicles and valid for a year following the month of
purchase.) You can get a permit at the main Cibola NF office: 2113 Osuna Rd
NE, ABQ. They will require the auto registration for each vehicle.
- For more information visit the Cibola NF webpage:
- In 2001 I began including on Field Trip Reports the GPS
co÷rdinates (when known) for meeting places and foray sites.
- I use one or both of these co÷rdinate systems:
. Lat/Long (in the form of decimal degrees)
. UTM co÷rds in a
'zen' format (zone,east,north). Probably any place we foray will be in zone
13, but I'll include that piece of information to avoid any
- Visit the GPS/GIS Links page for
Previous Field Trips: